Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

SOMEONE PINCH ME....

SOMEONE PINCH ME....

As I sit here writing this, I am honestly still in disbelief that I am Mrs. Virginia United States 2011. I am humbled and more than excited to have this opportunity and promise to put my whole heart into preparing for Mrs. United States 2011!

The last 48 hours has been a complete whirlwind! I was crowned Mrs. Virginia United States 2011 on Sunday, June 12th in Dover, Delaware and less than an hour later was on my way home because I had to be at work Monday morning. I arrived home at about 12:45 AM and had to be at work at 4:45! I managed to sleep for about an hour. Directly after work, I jumped in my car and drove to Northern Virginia for my Official Photo Shoot with Charles Martin. After an amazing shoot, and a not so amazing drive home, ( traffic and being sick is not a good combo) I was in a mad dash to complete my paperwork for Mrs. United States. Three cups of coffee later and I was finished! I am so excited to be on the road to Mrs. United States and happy to have my first "steps" completed!

I would like to take the time to express my sincerest gratitude to every who has congratulated me, or sent a kind word my way; they mean the world to me! I am very grateful to Siouxzan and Charles Moore and the Mrs. Virginia United States Pageant Board and volunteers for all of their hard work this past weekend and dedication to this organization! Thank you to all of our amazing sponsors, I am looking forward to working with all of you in the future! A special shout out goes to my personal sponsors; Aliz International, Regalia Magnificent Apparel, C & D Pageantry , Central Florida Coast Pageants, Suni Bunni Brown Tanning, and Kyle Haggerty.

I also want to take the time to congratulate all of the amazing Mrs. Virginia US delegates! You ladies were amazing and any one of you could have easily been chosen Mrs. Virginia. I am so blessed to have met and competed with you all!

Last but not least, I want to thank my support system; my family and friends! Thank you for supporting me, encouraging me, praying for me, and helping me with all my preparations for Mrs. Virginia. I love you all very much and am so thankful to have you all in my life! I also want to thank my "hair stylist" and great friend Elise Harrell for being my travel companion as well as an amazing support system at Mrs. Virginia. And of coarse, thank you to MR. VIRGINIA UNITED STATES 2011, CHARLES BARRIE ! You are the light of my life and I am so blessed to be Mrs. Barrie and now Mrs. Virginia. I can't wait to share this journey with you!

Again, thank you all for everything....I am so grateful and excited for this opportunity!

Sincerely,

Katie Barrie
Mrs. Virginia United States 2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment