Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

GREETINGS FROM VEGAS

Wow! I am so honored and humbled to be representing the great state of Virginia at Mrs. United States 2011!

My journey began Saturday afternoon when I left out of Richmond International Airport and began my quest to Vegas! I felt like a rock star while wearing my sash through the airport and was greeted with warmth and well wishes as I approached my flight. I was even blessed to receive free baggage fees from Delta! Thank you so much!

I arrived a day early to settle in and get rested before official registration began. I was fortunate to stay with Shannon Morgan, Mrs. Florida United States. We spent the day relaxing, working out, and meeting our sister queens! Then it was time to change for our official registration.

After registration I was finally able to get into my official room for the week and was happy to see my roommate Angie, Mrs. Deleware! After getting unpacked and settled, it was time to change and head to our official welcome dinner!

It was so wonderful to see everyone and man did everyone look GORGEOUS! After meeting everyone and getting some pictures it was time to head to bed!

Monday will begin with a quick work out and breakfast for me and then getting ready for orientation! Following orientation we have rehearsals and two events in the evening. We will be taking a bus tour of Las Vegas followed by going to see the Menopause Monologues and a meet and greet with the cast! How exciting!

Best of all, my friends and family start arriving today! I can't wait to share this experience with them and have their support around me!

I am so blessed to be living this dream and cannot wait to see what tomorrow brings!

Love and luck from Vegas!

Katie Barrie
Mrs. Virginia United States 2011

0 comments:

Post a Comment